How much self acceptance is too much?


I personally think there is no point in telling someone "they are beautiful just the way they are" if they are clearly suffering from it. I'd rather try to give them advice on how they can change or improve whatever they're facing. I value solution more than validation Obviously our love for ourselves doesn't have to depend on how we look, how much we weigh, etc. I often don't love myself when I'm on a breakout. but we should also try to really feel comfortable in our own skin.

Now, although statements like "always love yourself no matter what" and "you're perfect" are well-meaning, I think it's a good idea to pay attention to how we use these statements, as they can discourage us from learning or changing things. things that are not useful to us.

There's no doubt that self-criticism can be a source of unhappiness for some people but it's not necessary. healthy self-criticism, not based on self-hatred, it's just honest self-criticism can definitely be unhealthy to be so. a little self-criticism is fine. Criticism doesn't mean self-loathing, it's honestly acknowledging the part of us or our life that doesn't live up to the standards we know will make us or our lives better

Komentar

Posting Komentar